First off, what IS a QR Code? QR Code is a Two-Dimensional Code that can hold information and link to URLs which can be easily scanned by almost any smart phone. When it is scanned , your phone figures out what is in the QR Code and displays the results on your screen depending on what kind of code was generated.
Here are some ideas of what you can do with a QR Code…
- Automatically add contact info to your smartphone
- Link it to your website
- LinkYour Social Networking Site (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn…)
- Make a Calendar Event
- Link to an image that you have on the web
- Link it to your blog
- Use it to list the services that you provide
- Send a SMS
- Pinpoint a geological location, like your business
- Call a phone number
- WiFi Access for customers
- Plus much much more!
So, how do you create these complex little data squares? It is actually quite simple, there are many online generators that you can use to create your own unique QR Code.
Here are a couple QR Code generators that I tend to use the most....
It is amazing what can be done with this technology! Enjoy!